How to cure halitosis

Bad breath is one of the problems plaguing the population. Discover how you can exclude halitosis of your life.

It’s more than a discomfort: to feel that our breath is not fresh, and still worse, that it exudes an unpleasant odor. Suddenly, it’s an elephant in the room. We get embarrassed every time we need to talk; we escape from any interaction with another person. We just want a toothbrush, a bubble gum, elixir – anything! After all, how to solve halitosis?

First, you need to find the origin of bad breath. Only then you can nip it in the bud. 80% cases of halitosis originate from poor oral hygiene, the remaining 20% are related to stomach or throat problems. So, start by brushing your teeth at least three times a day. Also, be sure to use the floss twice a day. Brush your tongue – Yes, you read it right: a tongue can have millions of bacteria, that may be responsible for the unpleasant odors in your mouth. Also inspect your gums. It is common to be infections in these areas of the mouth, due to a higher bacterial concentration, smells can come from there. Abscesses or inflamed gums cause halitosis.

If you are unable to solve the problem, you might want to schedule two deep cleanings a year: there are cavities where the brush cannot reach and that only a dentist can clean conveniently. In addition, your doctor will know how to check if there is a cavity in your teeth – usually, tooth decay also causes unpleasant odors in your mouth.

In the most extreme cases, other diseases may cause bad breath, like diabetes, respiratory infections, liver disease, or chronic bronchitis.

It is not uncommon to relate relationships with bad breath, so before you set a romantic dinner, treat this halitosis. In a professional environment, it can also be very advantageous treat this problem. Try to fulfill all these suggestions, and if there are no results, look for a specialist.

Leave a Reply